This paratha contains both tomato and onion. So it has goodness of both. Tomato contains carotene lycopene which is one of the most powerful natural antioxidants and protect against neurodegenerative diseases, cardiovascular risk associated with type 2 diabetes.
Tomatoes are also good source of vitamin E, thiamin, niacin, potassium, vit B6, magnesium, manganese and fiber. Also onion contain dietary fiber, vit B6, potassium and manganese. So in paratha form this becomes a healthy combination.
Ingredients for onion and tomato paratha
- Onion bulb 2
- Tomato 1
- Atta 3 cup
- Red chili powder 1 tbs
- Roasted cumin seeds 1 tbs
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil
- Clean and wash onion bulbs, tomatoes. Put them in mixer jar with salt, red chili powder and roasted jeera.
- Grind them coarsely.
- Add in small proportion to atta at a time and knead with all paste. You may also note sometimes atta sticks too much to palm and kneading becomes difficult. In that situation just wash your hand to remove that and knead again with clean hand.
- Make soft dough of medium size and roll in round form and cook like paratha.
- Serve hot with chutney or raita.