Egg plant is a vegetable which is found almost every part of world. Most common names in English are brinjal, Eggplant. In India this vegetable is known as baigan. It is a vegetable and part of our food either cooked or baked. There are many different recipes of baingan. Here I am writing a tangy curry recipe of baingan.
- Baingan 500 gm
- 2 small potato
- Fresh ginger garlic paste 1 spoon
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tps
- 1/2 tsp jeera powder
- Tomato puree 2-3 spoon
- 1 red fresh tomato
- Aamchoor powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil 2-3 spoon
- Peal and cut potato in small cubes
- Cut baigan in small cubes
- Wash with water
- Heat oil in cooking pan and sauté ginger garlic paste then add all spices, tomato puree and cook for a while
- Now add vegetables to it and mix well
- Now add sprinkle salt and mix well and add tomato and cook it by putting lid on pan.
- After file minutes add aamchoor powder and some water to it and cooked till baigan and potato get cooked.
- Tangy baingan curry is ready to serve, serve with riche chapati.