In India there are many salty snacks in which mathari is very common. There are many different recipe for making different mathari. Here I am writing recipe for making spicy mathari.
- Refined flour(Maida) 1 cup
- Besan(Gram flour) 1/2 cup
- Semolina(Suji) 1/2 cup
- Wheat Flour 1/2 cup
- Ajwain 1 pinch
- Magrail(Black onion seed) 1 pinch
- Kasoori methi 1 spoon
- Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1-2 pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil as per need( to make mathari crispy)
- Knead all ingredients with water(make dough hard)
- Now wrap dough with wet cotton cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes
- Now make matari in desired shape either by hand or using roller(Belon)
- Now make some while in mathari using fork
- Now deep fry in defined oil till golden brown.
- Cool down mathari and pack in airtight containers
- Serve along with tea coffee.