Tomato pulao is recipe made from rice and tomatoes. Tomatoes has high content of lycopene which is anti-oxidant and prevent damage to tissues also it is good source of vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorus and copper, dietary fiber, potassium and manganese.
So know the quick recipe full of tomatoes and make it in lunch or dinner and enjoy with curd.
Ingredients for making pulao rice:
- Ripe tomatoes 5
- 1/2 cup peas (optional)
- Onion 1 chopped
- Green chili 2 chopped
- Mint and coriander leaves 4 tbsp
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Water 2 cups
- Ghee 4 spoon
- Turmeric 1 tbsp
- Garlic -ginger paste ½ tbsp
- Clove, cardamom 3 each
- Cinnamon stick ½ inch
- Salt as per taste
- Wash rice and keep aside.
- Put tomatoes in boiling water for 3 mins. Take out and let them cool and remove the skin and make paste in grinder.
- Heat ghee in cooker and add chopped onion and sauté.
- Add green chilies, spices and garlic -ginger paste and sauté.
- Add mint and coriander leaves and mix well (optional).
- Add rice, salt and tomatoes paste and mix.
- Close the lid of cooker and cook till it blows two whistles.
- Serve hot.